What should I consider when selecting an “Ergonomic Chair”? | FAQ
Study Table Singapore | Buy Study Table | Ergonomic Table & Chairs (Study Table & Chairs) FAQ
- Comfort as a top priority: The best chair is one that feels right for you.
- Ergonomic Chair Armrests: These might be offered as an option and can be useful for resting forearms and elbows when resting at the workstation. When selecting armrests, consider the height adjustability as a top priority.
- Base of the Ergonomic Chair: The base should have a five-star pedestal for stability and casters (wheels) that move easily on the floor surface. Here is some added information for you, a four-star base can tip over more easily, Bet you didn’t know this!
- Chair Height: The correct way to adjust a chair’s height is that the chair should be height adjustable while seated with the use of a lever pneumatic seat height adjustment. Adjust the seat height so that your feet firmly rest on the floor or footrest and knees are level.
- Lumbar Support: Look for a chair with an adjustable back height adjustment and optional lumbar enhancement. When sitting against the lumbar support, make sure there is sufficient room for your hips, and that you are not being forced too far forward.
- Back Support: The back support should allow you to sit back at more than a 90 degree angle with the use of the back angle adjustment. The backrest should be tall enough to provide good support to the middle of the back.
- The Chair’s Seat (Seat Pan): The Chair’s Seat (also known as Seat Pan) is the area where you sit, should allow even weight distribution and comfort.The width of the seat pan should allow at least 1 inch of unused space on both sides of your thighs and hips. It should be deep enough to allow 3-4 fingers from the back of the knees to the edge of the seat pan (it should not dig into the back of the knees and cut off circulation). Many seat pans have a curved edge (waterfall front) that helps to alleviate pressure from behind the knees.
For maximum adjustability, look for a chair with a sliding seat pan that allows variable seat pan depth to accommodate a variety of users.